ParentsNext – returning to work
Assisting parents to return to the workforce
ParentsNext is a government initiative delivered by Olympus solutions and Ability Options as our sub-contractor in the Wyong Local Government Area on the Central Coast.
Returning to work when you have young children can seem overwhelming. ParentsNext is designed to equip parents like you with the confidence and support to prepare for your employment future.
ParentsNext – 4 stages to success
Stage 1 – Meet with us.
Your introduction to the program can take place at one of our sites, a community centre or a suitable, easy to access venue, we are fairly flexible.
- Get to know us and share your story in a supported environment
- Discuss any concerns about managing work and children
- Talk openly about your goals and prepare for your Participant Plan
Stage 2 – Childcare
There are many considerations when identifying suitable care for your child and how he/she can benefit from an early learning environment.
- Available childcare options and rebates
- Support with accessing childcare options
Stage 3 – Self-esteem, life skills and employment preparation
At your local Olympus Solutions employment office, you will get support to identify your skills, experience and knowledge and take part in activities to prepare for work.
- Prepare or update your resume
- Learn how to market yourself to employers
- Develop job search and interview skills
At Stage 3 we’ll also assist you with building self-esteem, confidence and creating positive relationships.
Stage 4 – Find the job that’s right for you
We work closely with a network of employers to match the right people with the right job. This includes identifying volunteer or work experience opportunities.
- Participate in training or education
- Link with other services to help you find work
- Review your career goals to bring you the best outcomes
Who is eligible for ParentsNext?
ParentsNext is available through our sub-contractor at Ability Options Employment sites on the Central Coast – in Wyong, Bateau Bay and The Entrance. We also offer outreach services to Lake Haven.
Participation in ParentsNext may be a condition of receiving your Parenting Payment. If this is the case, Centrelink will contact you about joining the program.
If you would like to join the ParentsNext program, you must first contact Centrelink to make sure you are eligible.
To speak to one of our recruitment consultants today about the ParentsNext program, call 1300 422 454.
Alternatively please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.