At Risk of Losing your job?
Work Assist program
Work Assist is available to employers who have identified staff as being at risk of losing their job due to the impact of their injury, mental health condition and disability.
As well as supporting people with injury, mental health condition and disability to stay employed, the program also provides many business benefits. Replacing an employee can cost almost as much as their wage, so retaining valuable employees saves you the cost (in time, effort and money) of rehiring and retraining.
Work Assist is funded by the Department of Social Services ‘Job in Jeopardy’ program and is at no cost to the employer or employee.
1. Work Assist provides support to eligible employees who experience significant challenges maintaining their employment.
2. Our experienced job support consultants meet with you to identify the barriers preventing the employee from performing their duties and maintaining their employment.
3. Work Assist supports eligible employees, where such significant challenges arise from difficulties fulfilling the essential requirements of their role due to the impact of their injury, mental health and disability.
4. We then provide advice and assistance to both parties with strategies to overcome these barriers for a minimum of six months.
• Organising interventions such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, pain management, financial counselling, and counselling sessions.
• Setting up workplace assessments, organising strategies for productivity, arranging modifications to the employee’s workspace, and suggesting ways to redesign certain aspects of the job.
By including colleagues and management in the process, we help build an informed and encouraging work environment, where team members understand and support each other’s needs.
To be eligible for this program, the employee must be:
• An Australian resident or TPV/SHEV Holder
• Aged between 14–65 years
Participant must not be studying fulltime
Participant must be currently employed for at least 8 hours per week on average over the previous consecutive 13 weeks or there is an expectation that the Participants current employment will last for at least 13 weeks
Participant must be assessed by Provider as having difficulty carrying out the essential requirements of their job & requiring assistance to maintain their employment
Employees can also request this service by contacting Olympus Solutions directly.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please call our Customer Service Team on 1300 422 454.